Coupons are a great way to offer discounts and rewards to your customers, and can help promote sales across your shop.
Adding a coupon
To add a coupon, go to: Dashboard > Coupons. You can edit existing coupons; or create a new coupon by selecting Add Coupon.
A set of options will appear. At the top, fill in these fields
- Coupon code – Code used by the customer to apply the coupon. This must be unique as it identifies the coupon.
- Discount type :
- Cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart. For example, if the cart contains a tour, a coupon for $10 off will give a discount of $10.
- Cart % discount – A percentage discount for the entire cart. For example, if the cart contains a tour @ $60, a coupon for 10% off will give a discount of $6.
- Coupon amount – Fixed value or percentage off depending on the discount type you choose. Entered without the currency unit or a percent sign as these will be added automatically, e.g., ’10’ for£10 or 10%.
- Coupon expiry date – Date the coupon should expire and can no longer be used. Expiry happens at 12:00 am or 00:00 on the date chosen. If you want a coupon to be valid through Christmas Day but invalid the moment Christmas is over, set the expiration date to YYYY-12-26 as it will expire on YYYY-12-26 00:00. It uses your site’s time zone setting at Settings > General > Timezone in WordPress.
- Minimum spend – This field allows you to set the minimum subtotal needed to use the coupon. Note: The sum of the cart subtotal + tax is used to determine the minimum amount.
- Maximum spend – This field allows you to set the maximum subtotal allowed when using the coupon.
- Select service apply for coupon – This coupon only apply for Hotel / Rental / Car / Activity / Tour
- Product: Enter name of Product.
- Usage limit per coupon – How many times a coupon can be used by all customers before being invalid.
- Usage limit per user – How many times a coupon can be used by each customer before being invalid for that customer.