No matter which method or methods you use to display your blog posts, the first thing you need to do is create the blog posts. ICommerce offers several blog post types, image, image slideshows, video and more on the way. Each blog post you make will be able to be displayed using any of the 3 methods described above. And with the ability to assign custom categories to each post, you can easily display a set of posts based on category. See below for information on how to create blog posts.
Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin.
When hover each title of each post, It will show actions: Edit, Quick Edit, Trash, View, Purge from cached
Follow the Steps Below To Create A Blog Post
Step 1 – Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin.
Step 2 – Click on Add New to make a new post. Create a title and insert your post content in the editing field. You can use any of our short code builder elements inside the post.
Step 3 – Choose format of post from the right side. Default is Standard
Step 4 – Add Categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the Category name.
Step 5 – Add Tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
Step 6 – For Feature image, click Featured Image Box, select an image and click “Set Featured Image”.
Step 7 – Once you are finished, click Publish to save the post.
Here Is A Screenshot That Shows The Various Areas Of The Blog Post Page Described Above.
- Blog Post: Standard - This is a standard/default post style. You can add a featured image to display on the homepage while the post will only display text.
- Blog Post: Image - The image post style includes the featured image on both the homepage and the post.
- Blog Post: Video - For the video post style just paste your video URL in the oEmbed URL box in the post settings. You can also add a featured image to be displayed on the homepage and/or in sliders.
- Blog Post: Quote - For a quote use the title for your reference, type the actual quote in the main text area, and add the Quote Author in the post settings.
- Blog Post: Link - To add a link post, just paste the URL in the Link URL box in the post settings.
- Blog Post: Aside - Aside posts are displayed in orange (no featured image) on the homepage. Just select this style and add your text. If you would like to add a bold title, add it in the main text area and select a heading style.
- Blog Post: Status - The status post style enables you to add Tweets to your blog. Just paste your Tweet URL in the oEmbed URL box in the post settings.
- Blog Post: Audio - On audio posts you can add a featured image to display on the homepage, slider or carousel. Just paste your audio URL in the oEmbed URL box in the post settings and a music player will be displayed on the post (we used SoundCloud in the demo).
- Blog Post: Gallery (Slider) - The Blog supports the ability to select a gallery (slider) post format. This is an option that you can select on a per-post basis when you add posts to your blog. Just select the "Gallery" option in the Post Format box on the right.